Let’s get straight to business and talk about my wedding dress, which I LOVED. I could harp on about this glitzy bad boy forever.
I’ve recently attempted to clear out my wardrobe and this lead to the not-so-new boyf realising just how many pairs of shoes I own. I have a stack of shoe boxes behind the door, I have them stacked inside three wardrobes and then I have them hiding in the top of another. I own a fair few pairs.
It’s safe to say that he was in shock for a while and then asked me that age old question typical of males.
1. You can never have too many. Fact. This point is crucial and should never be argued with. You never know when those knee high cut-out boots will come in handy – I’m saving mine for autumn.
2. Never question the price. This is a classic mistake that many males seem to make. Shoes that are that darn sexy will cost some moolah. Just grin and accept it, even offer to pay for them once in a while.
3. No pain no gain. My mum taught me from a very young age that sometimes shoes will hurt you and that sometimes you just have to suffer for fashion. With shoes, I agree. I have the worst looking feet ever that have taken several years of footwear abuse, but this won’t stop me and I won’t learn. So, next time we’re out and I complain, just don’t say anything. In fact, carry me or hail a cab.
4. Manolo Blahnik, Christian Louboutin, Jimmy Choo, Nicholas Kirkwood and Charlotte Olympia are all names you should memorise. You never know when this valuable information will come in handy. I’m thinking mainly birthdays, Christmas and anniversaries… but ladies feel free to edit and add as necessary.
5. A shoe’s not just for Christmas but for LIFE and should be treated with the same respect as a child or pet.
Take this knowledge and treat it like the holy grail for shoes. It will serve you and your lady well.